Growing up, I had to live in a smaller, cramped and shared a room with my siblings. My parents then usually complained about how untidy my room used to be and my response was usually, “don’t worry when I have a bigger room, I will do better.”
Thankfully, a few years down the line, my family was able to move to a bigger home and I eventually got my bigger room. Did my room become cleaner like I promised or said? LOOL! Yes, maybe once in two-three weeks.
“His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’ Matthew 25:23
Reading the above passage brought back childhood memories. Thinking deeper about it, if it was up to me alone, God probably would not have answered my family’s prayers to move to a bigger place.
I could not manage the little room He had given me, it just was not possible to manage a bigger room.
Similarly, when I had the knowledge of tithing I was still in the university. My pocket money wasn’t so much but I still gave my tithes, out of my small pocket money. God has blessed me greatly and as I started to earn more, it became part of me. I am growing and running with this knowledge.
- This parable Jesus told His disciples in Matthew chapter verses 14-30 teaches how we should appreciate the little things/talents/gifts/opportunities and so on that God has given us.
- It should not stop there also, God gave us these blessings to be used maximally just as Jesus went about doing good with His, we also should maximally use them to the glory of God.
- Allowing our talents to lay fallow and unused may anger God, He has not given us to bury our gifts.
- It will come to a time when God will take back His gifts if He sees we are not utilizing them maximally. Ultimately if such a person doesn’t take action he/she may end up in hell. Matthew 25:30
- Also, we probably are not on that next level we keep praying for because we probably have not maximally utilized the things God has given us.
I was thinking to myself, I probably have not received answers to some prayers, probably because I have not perfected certain things God needs me to perfect. For example, maybe my time management or even setting my priorities right.
God knows absolutely way more than us, He knows the end even before the beginning. Like my earthly father would say, “I would not give you something that you would use to kill yourself”
David was blessed with the victory of defeating Goliath because he had been putting to use the things everything in his arsenal to tear down beasts that tried to attack his father’s herd of sheep.
Joseph was blessed to be the prime minister in Egypt because he had been able to manage temptation from the opposite sex, so no woman could come bribe or seduce him with sex while he was in power.He also was able to show compassion, love and even leadership skills as a prisoner.
- And it may even be not exercising fully our faith in Christ Jesus, in the things God has shown us about our lives probably because of circumstances around us. Righteousness that comes from God is based on faith. Philippians 3:9
To ensure that we don’t leave any tables unturned as we ask God for things, let us stretch out the position He has put us in now, let us maximally use everything He has given us, so He can say to us- “Well done, good and faithful slave. You were faithful with a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.’ Matthew 25:23