For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ; that everyone may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad. – II Corinthians 5:10
The scripture also goes on to tell us that we would definitely reap everything we sow, be it good or bad. God is calmly observing all of our actions. Galatians 6:7
This blog post is a reminder of the kind of lives we have been called to live in Christ Jesus here on earth. We are not called Christians just because it sounds great or just because we go to Church on Sundays or on weekdays. Christians are called so because :
- we confess that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Saviour
- we are supposed to portray the attributes of Jesus Christ while He lived on earth.
- We are supposed to act and carry ourselves in the same manner as Jesus Christ
- We are supposed to adhere to the God-Inspired principles our Christlike ancestors had outlined in the scriptures.
A life in eternal Glory with the lord Jesus Christ is or should be the goal of every Christian. We are only designated to live here on earth for a short period of time(maximum of 120 years).
The kind of life we led during these short while lays the foundation for where we spend eternity; whether heaven or hell. The first being eternal life with Jesus and the other being total condemnation with the devil for ever, If you have not chosen the path of eternal life yet, please do so right now. It is a beautiful beautiful journey, I have been on this path three years now and I am not looking back in Jesus name.
So what shall we do as Christians striving for the finish line in heaven?
- We should plant to please the Holy Spirit for we shall harvest eternal life this way but when we plant to please our sinful desires, death is the end thereof- Galatians 6:8
- Bouncing off the above point, the only way we can plant to please the Holy Spirit is through the strengthening of our inner man. Our Inner man is our spirit man, the part of our bodies that goes through regeneration and the means by which God speaks to us because is a Spirit as well. Therefore as christians, we should constantly pray for the strengthening of our inner man just as apostle Paul prayed for the church in Corinth. Ephesians 3:16
- We should shine our light for the world to see, as God shines through us. Matthew 5:15-16 God has not washed us in the blood of His son, caused His light to shine through us for nothing. He is not lighting us up just to be put under a cover. Jesus Christ, our role model, went about doing good, shining the light of the Lord everywhere He went, the Lord requires the same of us as His children called unto purpose.
- We should Intercede for as many as we can. With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints. Ephesians 6:8
- We should endeavour to do good unto all men, especially unto men who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:10
- We should live lives of good deeds but be careful not to be boastful about them because whatever we have become or are becoming, it is made possible through our union with Jesus Christ Ephesians 2:9-10
- We should speak the truth in Love – Ephesians 4:15. Saying the truth and saying it without crushing the spirit of the receiver may be one of the hardest things to do in this life. But as believers we must speak the truth at all times and as we do so we should speak with grace, and the love of God shed abroad in our hearts. May the Almighty give us wisdom in Jesus name.
- We should identify our part(s) and functions in the body of Christ and do well to play our roles effectively as we are given grace to do. The bible tells us that we are blessed with spiritual blessings, we are given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ. Ephesians 4:7 God has given all of His children various gifts such as teaching,pastoring, evangelizing, prophesying etc- Ephesians 4:11 and He wants us to use them for the increase and edification of the body of Christ. Ephesians 4:16.
- Ultimately, I believe we are called to a life of depth in fellowship with God through Jesus Christ and a life of shining the glorious gospel of Christ to the world. For God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. II Corinthians 4: 6
I am so thankful for as many people who have identified their purpose in the Ministry of the gospel and are walking in that light because thanks to people like them I was able to see the light and I am able to keep growing in faith and my walk with God. I indulge you brethrens, to as many of you called into this beautiful family of Jesus to keep growing in your walk so you can help others as well. I pray the Holy spirit helps us to also identify the functions God wants us to play in His Church and in the body of Christ, I also pray that we are strengthened to play these roles in Jesus name.
It is noteworthy that there are repercussions for not playing these roles.On that day when we appear before the judgement seat of Christ, we shall give account of everything we did while we were on earth, I do not think we want to be found wanting.
May nothing stand in the way of our eternal dwelling in heaven in Jesus name.