In the very beginning when God created man and woman in His image, He put His breathe into them and that has been passed unto us as well. The breathe of God inside of man and the image of Him in which we are created is what enables man to live differently from animals, and also enables man to create and do so many other things animals cannot do.
Moreso, God gave man and woman certain tasks to carry out while on earth such as to be fruitful & multiply(this does not only mean procreation, it also means being productive with the resources we have), give names to the animals, fellowship with Him and so on.- Genesis 1:28, Genesis 2:15. God assigned all these tasks to the man and woman whilst they were both in the garden of Eden.
And Eden means the delightful presence of God. God made everything that He made, gave instructions all to be carried out in His beautiful presence.This was God’s original plan for mankind and everything that He created; that we grow in His presence, carry out all our assigned tasks in His presence and many more.
But perhaps our undoing was when God gave us the power of choice. He gave man the ability to stay in His presence or leave. Sadly Adam and Eve chose to disobey God’s instructions and it marked the beginning of doing things outside God’s presence. This was how hardship, pain, sorrow, death and the likes was introduced to mankind. These things exist outside of the presence of God
Ever since then God has been working non-stop to reconcile us with Himself into His presence, to a place where we recognize that it is all about Him and not us.
Kindly put everything that I have said above together and now try to imagine a life where God lives in, a life where God’s presence dwells in abundance.. That life will be similar to the kind of life God had planned to live in Eden.
Today, I am writing to remind you of the delightful presence of God where God would love us to return to if we are straying away or have strayed away.
God will love for EVERYTHING we do with our lives to bring Him glory- I Corinthians 10:31. This way He stays exalted in our lives and then we can live our lives in His presence.
How can we live our lives with Jesus as the focus all the time.
- Fellowship with God often: From the very beginning this was what God did with man and this is what He wants to continue to do with man. This way God and man can always be in sync. The bible tells us that in the cool of the evening God walked around the garden most likely to speak with Adam and Eve – Genesis 3:8 also the bible tells us us that early in the morning Jesus went to a lowly place to commune with God-Mark 1:35
Therefore, I believe we can choose the times best for us to fellowship with God. By fellowshipping. I mean worshipping Him, reading the bible,speaking with Him and waiting to listen to what He has to say.
- Identify the tasks God has committed into your hands: I had mentioned earlier that God gave tasks to Adam and Eve to carry out in the garden of Eden, so has he given us tasks to carry out here on earth as well. I believe it is in our fellowship with Him that He would reveal to us the things He would love us to do here. By identifying these tasks and working towards achieving them instead of our own personal carnal ambitions, we bring glory to the name of God and He dwells in our midst continually
- Always Keep your motives in check: More often, I have found myself wanting and even doing things out of my carnal ambitions, just to show off my skill or something God has blessed me with. You perhaps find yourself doing so sometimes but I perceive this is some level of arrogance or pride. I may be wrong but regardless God isn’t happy neither is he exalted in such a lifestyle.
Therefore before we do things, let us ask God if He endorses it, if He is with us on such a task or if He wants us to do so. May the good Lord give us directions to live lives that exalt Him and bring only Him glory in Jesus name.
- Stay evaluating your life: A simple and not so simple way to do this is to keep dying to our lives in the flesh.This means we keep checking that our lives and lifestyles pleases God always. I recollect a sermon saying the easiest way to go about this is by doing the opposite of what our bodies want us to do. For example, when our bodies say to us, “I am tired, let me sleep some more” We should jump out of bed and do our devotion or quiet time and so on.
I understand sometimes it may be such a task to do but let us try to be intentional about evaluating where we are in Christ and ensure that we are growing.
- And keep fellowshipping with God: Having this a second time just emphasizes the importance of spending time with God. This is where we can get firsthand information from God, the power to do everything God has assigned for us to do, strength for our christian journey and many more.., Read about Jesus and learn how He tapped into the power of fellowshipping with God.